As Presbyterian Women, our purpose is: (Judy Martin, Moderator)
Forgiven and freed by God in Jesus Christ, and empowered by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves:
- to nurture our faith through prayer and Bible study
- to support the mission of the church worldwide
- to work for justice and peace
- to build an inclusive, caring community of women that strengthens the Presbyterian Church (USA) and witnesses to the promise of God’s kingdom
Independence Presbyterian Women meet the third Wednesday of each month, except for the the months of June, July and August, for Bible study, refreshments and fellowship. Also, the Annual Gathering that is held in March, Alabama/Mississippi Women’s Conference in July, and Fall Clusters.
We help support the following needs:
Birthday Offering in May-2010′s Theme: “Train Children in the Right Way, and When Old, They Will Not Stray.” Proverbs 22:6
Thank Offering and Fellowship of the Least Coin in November.
Mission Haven, which allows for apartments and homes used for missionaries who are on home assignment and a Clothes Closet for their use, located in Decatur, Georgia. Camp Hopewell Cancer Camp; and many other worthwhile causes.
• Panola Food Pantry
• Contribution to Alabama/Mississippi Shop
• Foreign Missions-Overseas Hospital
• Adoption of Need Family